Saturday, November 5, 2022

Filmstrip and Pumpkin Spice

At long last this one is finished. It will go to the USO Lounge. I'm calling it Filmstrip. Can you see it?

It started out as just the navy blue and those darker repro colors. It seemed a little too dark to me, so I added in some neutral strips. It seems happier to me. You can see from the two outside shots that it is really not that dark a blue. It looks darker inside.

This is a Quilt Archeology project called Pumpkin Spice from Pam Buda of Heartspun Quilts. 

The colors in this one too, are much more vibrant and true when the picture is taken outside.

  
I had ordered a pack or oranges and purples from her web store and this was one of the oranges. Coincidentally it was the orange in the kit!
I had a lot of fun making this little cutie. I cannot claim to have done a perfect job, but I did enjoy making it. And that's what it's all about! 

We had some stormy weather last night, but today is lovely! It will be back to hot tomorrow, so we have been enjoying this cooler while it lasts!
 
I can certainly not call myself a regular blogger, but I do like to keep this online diary of some of what's going on here at Muddle Manor. I miss so many of the blogs I used to love when I first discovered blogs. To those of you who still write your blog, thank you! You are a blessing to me!
 
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend with lots of good things to anticipate in the week to come!  God is good! Always.
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine 

 

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That quilt definitely has the feel of a filmstrip. Nice quilting too.

I miss the blogs I used to read too. Sometimes when I am checking out ab old post of mine I'll see the comments from some of them and click on their name and see they stopped posting in 2016 or 2017. I wonder about them, whether they are still quilting. I need to keep my diary going so I can check back on things.
I'm glad you got some cooler weather. Ours has stayed warmer than normal which we are enjoying too. It looks like it will turn cold here next Saturday.

Margaret said...

I miss the blogs and the bloggers. We became friends and knew the ins and outs of each other's lives. Love the quilts. I was worried that pumpkin spice was going to be a drink. (yuck) The combo in the quilt is much nicer.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Elaine, I also miss many of the bloggers who used to blog and I am so glad that you continue to blog and show us your wonderful works of art with your quilting. The title Filmstrip is so perfect for the quilt and I love the little quilt you made. Wishing you pleasant days and a happy Thanksgiving!

Karen S said...

These are great quilts. You have been busy. Filmstrip is a perfect name. Great way to have fun with a lot of fabrics.
Pumpkin Spice is something very different again. The purple and orange together looks so good.
Yes, lots of bloggers have gone over to instagram, but it is not the same.

Thimbleanna said...

Another great quilt Elaine -- you are always so inspiring with your variety of patterns and amazing fabric combinations! Happy Thanksgiving this week!