Sunday, December 4, 2022

Half Rectangle Triangles

What a lot of fun I had making this quilt! 

First I sewed a light and a dark half rectangle together and then I just kept on going! I really like this one.

And the crinkliness and softness straight out of the washer and dryer are SO nice. Of course it helps that I backed it with cozy flannel.

I was so happy to see the little camellia bush start flowering (lower right). Aren't those reds gorgeous! And Dinah in the center is just a mess. She has her own ideas of how things should be, and those are the only ideas that interest her! Cats!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! It will be here soon. 
We had our family Thanksgiving dinner today. We (Buddy and I) were a little puny on the real day. But thankfulness is good every day of the year!
 
I hope things are interesting and happy in your part of the world and that you are finding lots of things to make you smile!
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine

 

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love your triangle quilt, and flannel on the back is the best. I'm going to pull out my flannels and start making some cozy quilts. I got enough for backs for 2 on sale.
Your blooms are so pretty. You have such a long growing season there.

Susan said...

I love anything with rectangles and Half rectangles. That looks super cozy!

Thimbleanna said...

Another beautiful quilt Elaine! And look at all your Christmas beauty! I LOVE the quilt with the trees and 49-patch blocks!

Gene Black said...

I love the half rectangle quilt. The designs and secondary designs they create are very entertaining for the eye.

Dina is a darling. I had a black cat years ago.