Thursday, December 15, 2022

Christmas Makes and Doings

Isn't this a great Santa panel? I had to get it when I saw it online. I was originally going to make it a wall hanging, but it wanted to be a quilt.

So it kept growing until it became one! All of the colors and fabrics played together so well that it came together in no time.

It has already been gifted to a pretty lady we love.

Sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies made their way to upper New York State and have now been devoured. More went across town and met the same fate. We won't talk about the ones that stayed here. 
 

I bought an Instant Pot in October 2020. I thought it was not that long ago, but I went and looked, and it's been over two years. The picture above is a bottom round roast cooked in the Instant Pot for 4 hours. And after we enjoyed some of it for our lunch, I sliced the rest, which fell into tasty tender morsels.

I vacuum sealed meal size (for the two of us) portions and put them in the freezer. We like to call that "money in the bank"! All it takes is a couple of minutes in the microwave to have meat ready to eat!
 

We had a stir fry over rice one day with some of that roast beef. It was delicious!

We are supposed to have some freezing weather next week, so these pictures are bittersweet. Whenever we see those yellow angel trumpets dripping off the branches in such profusion, it usually means the end of warm weather is near.
 
I hope your week is going well and that your Christmas preparations are well in hand. With all its challenges, life is still pretty wonderful, and God is always good! I'm thankful.
 
Hugs and kisses,
Elaine 
 

 

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I just love those Angel Trumpets. I hope you don't have a freeze and can enjoy them longer.
My son has the instant pot and he's always telling me about the good stuff they have cooked in it. Your roast beef looks so delicious.

Sandy Panagos said...

Vintage Santas are so fun! Love Trumpet Vines. So pretty.

Karen S said...

That is a wonderful Christmas panel. I can see why it has turned into a lovely quilt. That is a great idea.
Hope it doesn't get too cold. The flowers are beautiful.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

That is such a sweet panel! And how lovely all of your flowers look......and yes, we are about to have the same frigid temps......
The roast beef and rice look so delicious!
Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and a blessed new year!