Saturday, December 24, 2022

Merry Christmas!

With an arctic blast forecast for us, we worked all week to prepare. One of those preparations was allowing the chickens to pillage to their hearts' content in our vegetable garden. They have had a glorious time. Seriously, they've been eying it all year long!

We sealed up our patio as well as we could with plastic sheeting and started bringing outside plants inside.

It was quite a job, but we got most of it inside before the really cold got here. There are more in the little greenhouse. It is sealed up and we'll see how those survived once this is gone! Here in Houston, Texas, we are not accustomed to those temperatures. Nor do we want to be! LOL!

Our sweet neighbor gave me this Christmas cactus last year. She's not able to look after her plants any more and wanted me to have it. Isn't it gorgeous!

I had a lot of fun making these little frogs for our daughter and the cats for her housemate. They are free patterns from Ann Wood. I love her creations and all the inspiration she provides!

Mr. Muddling and I wish you a very Merry Christmas! May the blessings of the Lord pursue and overtake you, and may the peace of God blanket your home!
 
Hugs and kisses and lots of love,
Elaine 
 

 

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love seeing your colorful chickens. When I was a kid we only had white ones and for the purpose of trading 30 dozen eggs for groceries. I hope your plants all survive.
Your Christmas cactus is so pretty and blooming at the right time. I have one more bud on my red one but I think it is drying up.
Those frogs are so cute.
I hope you had a beautiful day today. Merry Christmas.

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Aren't you glad that Arctic blast is over?? We had temps of 10 degrees.......so glad no freezing pipes! Your plants look cozy and how I miss my chickens as I look at your happy flock! May this new year find health, happiness, and peace to you and your family!
Happy New Year!