Friday, March 28, 2008

Chicken Breast/Pasta Recipe

Today for dinner, I sort of invented a new chicken/pasta dish. I had bought some chicken breasts on sale, so the first thing I did was cut the meat off two of the chicken breasts. I've cut it into about 1-inch pieces.
This is not the recipe, but since I do not like to waste anything, I put the bones remaining after taking the chicken off, along with some chopped onions and celery in water to simmer. That I will strain later for broth and save the cooked chicken breast for other uses.
For my recipe I'm cooking about a cup and a half of large shell macaroni according to package directions.
While that is cooking, I saute the chicken breast pieces with some red, yellow and green pepper and onion.
Then I add a can of diced tomatoes, Italian style.
Stir, cover and simmer for about 20 minutes.


Serve over cooked, drained pasta. Add a nice salad, a glass of iced tea and maybe a whole wheat dinner roll and you're good to go!

This little recipe made two very generous servings - one for me and one for my Honey. (The dogs were very happy to take care of what we couldn't finish.)

Have a great evening!

~Elaine~

1 comment:

Colleen formerly of South Africa said...

Your photos made my mouth water.