Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Oh, be careful little mind what you think!


"The subconscious mind makes no distinction between constructive and destructive thought impulses. It works with the material we feed it, through our thought impulses. The sub-conscious mind will translate into reality a thought driven by fear, just as readily as it will translate into reality a thought driven by courage or faith."
-- Napoleon Hill


Now, I know you can't always help what you think, but you CAN help what you allow to stay in your thought processes. It is so easy to dwell on the negative and as Mr. Hill says above, those negative thoughts can translate into reality.


There are so many things in my life right now that have the potential to be destructive in major ways. If I choose to dwell on those things in my thoughts, I honestly believe it could actually cause that destruction.


I choose instead to dwell on the most positive outcome possible. I choose instead to believe what the Bible says about those things. I choose to believe, and to think on, and to speak the report of the Lord!


I believe that the thoughts God has toward me and my family are for good, to give us a hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11 The Living Bible).


How about you? Are you trusting God, or are you allowing thoughts of fear and doubt to torment you?


~Elaine~

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Your green leaves are beautiful-- I can't wait until our part of the world has them again. Your post really spoke to me today. I'm at a unique point in my life with kids 18 and 20. Having to let go and let them may their own choices is tough. Permitting them to make wrong choices and correct them themselves is even tougher. I've really been fighting constant worry. I drove to work last week and just said--"Lord, it's too much for me on my own. I can't constantly worry and the negatives--- It's too much to handle on my own. It's up to you...." It felt like rocks lifted from my shoulders. I remember as a kid, learning to ride a bicycle with no hands-- remember that?!?!? It was hard letting go, but once you committed --- what fun....
Thanks for your writing....