Monday, February 22, 2016

Patriotic Ten Minute Block Quilt

This one just came out of the dryer.(I am thinking about calling it Six Big Framed Circles! LOL)  And as you can see there is dog on one side and chicken on the other. These are all fabrics I bought on sale at Connecting Threads a while back. The backing is some of that light blue print, lower left, an extra wide fabric also on sale at the time from CT.  
This was a fun one to make and went together really quickly. I decided white was what it needed for binding.

It didn't crinkle up a whole lot. I used Warm Blend. This one will also go to the local airport USO Lounge. 

I walked into the den this morning and there were Bruno and Lady looking oh, so innocent. Lady assured me that she was only keeping Dad's chair warm until he gets home. Bruno said pretty much the same thing about the rug in front of the chair.

It's a rainy day today and I am thankful for it. Believe it or not we are very far behind where we should be in our rainfall and had already had to start watering, so the rain is welcome.

Have a wonderful week!

Hugs and kisses,

2 comments:

Eggs In My Pocket said...

Another lovely quilt Elaine..........should we be surprised! Your puppies are just whimsical! We are also far behind rain fall and are so worried about another drought approaching. We got good rain last night however! Love your pretty quilts!

Karen S said...

Great use of these lovely fabrics. Every now and then it is good to make an easy. It looks lovely. I do hope you have a bit more rain. I think we would like the same here.