Friday, August 21, 2009

Watching




I've been outside already and done a little gardening. Now I'm back inside catching up on my bloggy friends. Chloe has been pretty intent watching everything (birds) happening outside. There has been a lot to see. I wish I could get good pictures of all the birds that have visited the seed and water stations. There is a family of blue jays that are mostly grown, but still look pretty funny since they don't have all their head feathers filled out yet, dozens of sparrows, a woodpecker who likes the suet feeder, and those pesky mourning doves who take over the feeder and won't let anyone else have a snack, and some grackles with their bright yellow eyes. The constant parade of visitors makes the expenditure for seeds and suet well worth it!





Hope you're enjoying your part of the world.



Hugs and kisses,



1 comment:

Susan said...

There is something about a cat watching birds that is priceless.
I agree that the cost of seed is worth the pleasure of watching the birds devour it.