Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Salmon Croquettes, Part 2



Okay Karen, just because you asked. :)




As I said, Mama's recipe for Salmon Croquettes is extremely simple.




To one 14 ounce can salmon, add one egg and one egg yolk and mix well, being sure to break up all the salmon pieces.




Put the remaining egg white into a bowl with a couple of tablespoons of water and mix well.




In another bowl, put one sleeve (1/4 pound) of saltine crackers which you have crushed.




Form your salmon mixture into patties. One can of salmon will make four nice patties. Dip the patties, one at a time, into the egg white mixture, then into the cracker crumb mixture.




Fry, just until golden brown in a small amount of cooking oil.




That's all there is to it. And to think, I made up recipes that called for first making up a white sauce to mix with the canned salmon. Mama got a good laugh out of that one.


Let me know how you like this if you try it.
Hugs and kisses,

3 comments:

Millie said...

Thanks Elaine...I love how simple the recipe is and will defnitely give it a try. I love Salmon and can almost smell the fish cakes!

Nanette Merrill said...

My dad loved salmon cakes (as he called them). I wish he was around to still make them for him. I miss him.

Karen E. Overton said...

Thanks for honoring my special request (grin) The recipe seems familiar to the one I remember my mom making so I think I'll just have to give it a try this next week!