Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Home Again!

I returned yesterday from a trip to Mississippi to take my Mother back to her very own house. She was so glad to be back in her home, and I completely understand that.


The pictures in this post are from a rest stop in the middle of the Atchafalaya Basin. Interstate 10 is elevated across a portion of this huge (595,000 acres) wetland area.
It is a really pretty, well-kept place to stop and stretch a bit.

If it hadn't been sooooo hot, I'd have been tempted to stop and rock a spell on that porch.


Lots of pretty plants and shrubs growing in different areas.




And what really impressed me was the fact that they had tomato and cucumbers growing in some of the flower beds!
Hope you're having a great day.
Hugs and kisses,
Sorry, blogger decided to post before I was finished, so most of this will come through as an edit.

4 comments:

Thimbleanna said...

Very pretty! So, the tomatoes and cucumbers are just for travelers to take? Or maybe they have some sort of program? Interesting!

Annie said...

Pretty, I love vegis in amongst the flower beds. In a little town near here, they plant fruit trees on the nature strips in town, so the public can help themselves to a snack. Such a lovely idea I think.

Millie said...

Welcome back home, Elaine! Pretty pictures, love the gardens.

Nanette Merrill said...

what a beautiful yard!