Friday, July 30, 2010

One Top Finished, Another Started


My neighbor, who is one of my favorite people in the world, asked me to make a quilt for her grandson. His birthday is in September. His favorite color is green.



He has had a lot of fun looking at the quilt I made for her and pointing out to her all the things he found in the different fabrics.



We think he'll have fun finding all the things in these fabrics, too. Now I just have to get it quilted before his birthday.

I have another little boy in mind for this new quilt I'm working on, but his birthday is next Saturday. I've left it a little late. This little boy is my son, and he's not a little boy any more. This will be his 41st birthday, which is totally inconceivable to me. How did that happen?


Summertime is back in full swing here. The rains, which were a welcome respite from the heat, seem to have left us for now and we are back in the upper nineties again. I've pulled most everything out of the vegetable garden and have replanted some cucumbers (which have already sprung up and started growing). I've also planted some corn which has not yet made an appearance. There's a lot more I need to do out there, but I'm still recovering. Upper respiratory morphed into chest cold and there's still a lot of coughing going on around here. The good thing is that I'm getting a lot of sewing done.
Hope you're having a productive day doing what you love!
Hugs and kisses,

2 comments:

Millie said...

Elaine, I think she will be so happy with the quilt and her son will like the green. You are on a roll finishing quilts. I am working on a Rail Fence quilt too, but I am so far from getting it done.

Nanette Merrill said...

You always make me laugh. Your "boy" being 41. ha. They are always our babies I guess. The quilts are great. I am sure they will be happy with them.