Friday, July 4, 2008

Birthday Cake and Muffins


HPIM2599

Yesterday was Mr. Sweetie Pie's birthday. At our house, the rule is you get to choose what kind of cake you want, and I cook it. He chose German Chocolate. I made it. We all enjoyed it!




collage19



I bought some luscious blueberries yesterday, so we felt we should have some blueberry muffins to celebrate the fourth of July today.
HPIM2605

Can't you just almost taste them? They are "minis", made in my new convection oven.


HPIM2604

Have I mentioned that I LOVE that little oven!
HPIM2606
The only downside is that I had to make two pans to use up all the batter.
Hope you've had a good day.
~Elaine~

2 comments:

Penny Sanford Fikes said...

Hi Elaine:

That is exactly what we do here: Birthday person gets to choose the type of birthday cake. I would have chosen a German Chocolate also. Your version looks so yummy. My birthday is in a couple of months, ya know.............hint.

Enjoying your blog. Discovered it when folks kept clicking from your blog to my blog. Then I discovered you had linked to my blog on your blog list. Thank you very much! I am flattered!

Keep doing just what you are doing. I'll be back to read more and often!

Fondly,
Penny
www.pennysanford.typepad.com

Thimbleanna said...

Yum! I love food photos. Happy Belated Birthday to Mr. Sweetie Pie!